5 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY ON PREMIUM SAFETY
SPA COVERS AND COVER MAINTENANCE
Blue Water Spa Covers, hereby extends a five (5) year limited warranty on all spa cover shells to be free from defects in material and workmanship from the date of purchase by the original consumer owner. This limited warranty is subject to the conditions outlined below, and is NOT TRANSFERABLE. For all warranty issues, please contact Blue Water Spa Covers at : firstname.lastname@example.org
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHOULD BE THOROUGHLY READ AND UNDERSTOOD AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE OF THIS SPA COVER IN AS MUCH AS IT CONSTITUTES A MUTUAL AGREEMENT OF THE PROVISIONS AS SET FORTH HEREIN.
Replacement or repair of the spa cover “shell” (skin) will be at no charge, other than freight, for all five (5) years. All costs of removal, shipping both ways, and re-installation are at the customer’s expense. Freight charges must be paid with the order. The repaired/replaced cover shell will be shipped within 30 days of receiving at our facility. *Note – Spa covers must be returned dry and reasonably clean to prevent any health issues for our staff. If our staff is unable to inspect / repair the cover for this issue, it will be returned to the customer at the customer’s expense.
Blue Water Spa Covers also hereby extends a 1 year limited warranty on all standard “Foam Inserts” against water absorption from the date of purchase by the original consumer owner subject to the conditions outlined below and is NOT TRANSFERABLE. All costs of removal, shipping both ways, and re-installation are at the customer’s expense. Freight charges must be paid with the order.
The limited warranty obligations of Blue Water Spa Covers are limited to the repair or replacement, at Blue Water Spa Covers sole discretion, of the spa cover and/or the inserts. Further, Blue Water Spa Covers shall not be liable or responsible under any circumstances or in any amount for any consequential or incidental damages or for injury or damages to any persons or property. There are not warranties or representations by Blue Water Spa Covers or any other person, firm or corporation in the name of or on behalf of Blue Water Spa Covers either expressed or implied, other than those set forth herein. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY APPLIES only during normal use and care and is ABSOLUTELY VOID if the spa cover is misused, neglected or damaged after delivery to the original consumer purchaser, or if it has been repaired or altered by someone other than Blue Water Spa Covers, or if it has been used for any purpose other than a spa or hot tub cover.
THIS COVER IS NOT A SAFETY COVER AND IS NOT DESIGNED TO HOLD WEIGHT. IT IS NOT INTENDED TO BE WALKED ON, STOOD ON OR SAT UPON.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY does not apply to:
- Failure to provide reasonable periodic maintenance. (See Cover Maintenance Below)
- Normal fading and minor deterioration of exterior surfaces and thread.
- Direct exposure to any chemical or abrasive material, such as chlorine, petroleum, paint thinners or acids.
- Torn tie downs or handles due to failure to disconnect from spa cabinet before lifting cover or due to failure to remove snow from top of cover before lifting cover.
- Misuse, abuse, negligence, accident or alteration.
- Excessive use of chemical substances for water purification purposes causing “gassing-off” effect.
- Chafing or wearing holes in cover by dragging on rough surfaces or storing against sharp objects.
- Foam and metal support breakage or tearing of vinyl from applying excessive weight on the cover caused by water, snow, animals, acts of God or abuse.
- Water between liner and foam, this is normal which is why there are drain holes in the liner.
- It is proper cover care to clean and condition your spa cover at least once a month. When washing your cover, use a soft bristle brush and clean with a mild solution of dish washing liquid. Rinse thoroughly with water. If vinyl is not kept clean and conditioned it will deteriorate prematurely and become brittle. This is not repairable and is NOT covered under warranty. It is important to apply a high quality vinyl protectant such as 303 Vinyl Protectant after cleaning your cover. (DO NOT use Armor All)
- Avoid exposing cover to excessive chemicals. Opening your cover often will allow accumulated chemical vapors to dissipate, maintaining the integrity of the vinyl. Always remove cover from spa when adding chemicals and leave your cover off for 20 to 30 minutes after to allow chemical vapors to dissipate. Also, turn the cover upside down on your spa for a few hours at least twice a year allowing the Sun to fully dry out the underside of the cover which will prolong the life of your cover.
- If your foam inserts become cracked, heavy or water logged, they should be replaced immediately to avoid further damage to your cover.
A cover lifter mechanism would greatly enhance removal and storage of your spa cover.